Marriage is a valued institution and if you are planning to get married or already married, you must not forget the Marriage Registration Certificate, from this single proof one can avoid the hassles of carrying around multiple copies of other documents, in case you are required to show or prove your marital status.

Also there is a directive by the Honourable Supreme Court that it is mandatory for the couples to register their marriages, no matter which religion, caste or creed they belong to and after Delhi (Compulsory Registration of Marriage) Order, 2014, it’s compulsorily that marriage should be registered within 60 days of marriage, otherwise fine should be imposed.

LegalVista is happy to announce that we made this process very easy and you only have to fill the Registration form in our Website or call us on given numbers or fill the fields given in Contact Us, rest everything taken care by our team and we guide you in each and every step till you get your Marriage Registration Certificate.



ID Proof – Passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Pan Card

Address Proof – Passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Driving License

Age Proof – Passport, Birth Certificate/10th Certificate

Photograph – 6/Husband & 6/Wife (Passport Size)

Other Documents Required:

Marriage Card & Marriage Photograph

If Marriage solemnized in Gurudwara or Arya Samaj Mandir then Certificate issued from Gurudwara or Arya Samaj Mandir required

2 Witnesses with Pan Card/Government ID (Compulsory) & Driving License/Passport/Voter ID/Aadhar

Death Certificate in case of Widow/Widower

Divorce Decree in case of Divorcee



 Whenever you applying for a passport or visa, marriage registration certificate have its own legal value.

Marriage Registration Certificate is required to open a joint bank account after marriage.

 Marriage certificate is required in case you want to apply for life insurance policies and you want that your partner can be your legal nominee.

Marriage registration certificate also help in easy legal proceedings in case of succession of property to the spouse.

In case one of the spouses is working abroad and wants to take along his/her partner then he/she will require the marriage certificate to obtain the work permit from the country’s consulate. The foreign embassies do not issue the work permit in the absence of a valid marriage certificate in these cases.

There are even chances of marriage disputes in certain cases, and marriage certificate can be a very strong proof of the fact that you are legally married.